Learning Maya 6: Dynamics is your solution to creating stunning effects in Maya. Get hands-on experience with the innovative tools and powerful techniques available in the Maya Dynamics engine as you learn to create smoke, fire, dust, water and more.
If your animations don't follow the laws of physics, Learning Maya 6: Dynamics is the tool you've been looking for. Learn to master the Maya Dynamics engine as you work with both rigid and soft body dynamics, particle animation and rendering, emitters and much more. Get the theory you need to understand what's happening in Maya and then work your way through helpful step-by-step exercises as you build smoke, dust, fire, and water. Learning Maya 6: Dynamics will allow you to add realism to your animations and create realistic effects without having to go back to school so you can prove that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to make one fly!
Each chapter includes a theoretical discussion to help you understand the concepts at play, as well as easy to follow step-by-step tutorials so that you can start working right away. The book also includes an accompanying DVD-ROM featuring chapter-by-chapter overviews offered by Alias Certified Instructors. Gain additional insight and assistance from these valuable bonus discussions. You'll also take advantage of Maya Beginner's Guide: Dynamics to help you get started right away!
With this book you will:
* Create and Animate Rigid Body Objects
* Create and Animate Particles Using Fields, Goals, Ramps and Expressions
* Render Particles with Hardware Graphics and Software Techniques
* Dynamically Animate NURBS and Polygonal Surfaces Using Soft Bodies
* UtilizeArtisan Functionality in Conjunction with Maya Dynamics Tools
* Instance Geometry with Particle Motion
* Use Dynamic Constraints Including Rigid Body Constraints and Soft Body Springs
* Optimize and Troubleshoot Dynamics Scenes
What you need to use this book
Maya Complete 6, Maya Unlimited 6, or Maya Personal Learning Edition.
A DVD-ROM drive or set top player.
Alias Learning Tools, Lastalias Learning Tools
Dear visitor, you went to the site as unregistered user. We encourage you to register or enter the site under your name.